Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bugs Bugs Bugs

Pictures will be coming soon :)

Well we are picking up with school again. It feels good! We haven't been following a schedule as much lately. I have been following their interests more.

Today I asked Amelie to tell me something about Africa.

Amelie: It is hot.

Me: How do you know?

Amelie: Their skin is dark. God made them darker so their skin doesn't burn from all of the sun.

Me: What else can you tell me about Africa?

Amelie: People have things on their faces sometimes. (we read our book about tatoos and bones)

Amelie has been pretty interested in her mosquito bites. She has been pointing them out and picking at them. What better opportunity to learn about mosquito's? So we got out our bug book and went to town. Ricky came in for some learning. It was great!
I continued to read to myself while we were outside (Amelie and Ricky were catching butterflies, Cohen was running around and Roo was sitting with me) and I learned that centipedes are not insects. They are anthropods. Even I am learning so much!
We have to get into Math more! This Saturday I am going to the library (strange hours) and am going to photocopy some papers so we can get back on track. Today Ricky asked if we could "play" Math today :)

No comments: