Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Moment in Time

Feelings pass.  Feelings change.
What seems huge today will forgotten a week from now.
I have times (today) when I am driving and the kids are arguing.  She hit me!  Tell Cohen to get his feet off the back of my seat!  Moooooooooom!   Are we almost home?  I'm thirsty!
Times like today that make me want to yell at them to just stop.  Stop with this insignificant fighting. Just be perfect little siblings who care about one another and look out the window thoughtfully.
This rarely happens.
Most times I can turn up the radio and roll down my window.  Sometimes I may even sing loudly and obnoxiously so I don't have to hear them.  Picture me, with my 12 passenger van, loaded with children and belting out Bohemian Rhapsody!  Yes, it has been done!
I get to moments where I feel like I am at my breaking point.  So much is expected of me.  So much. A wife, a mom, a teacher, the secretary, the maid, the cook and on and on she goes.  Most days I handle this with ease but oh so much is expected.  Sometimes I think WHAT ABOUT ME????
So anyway, I have days where I want to crawl under my covers and go back to the no responsibility me.  Sleep in.  Listen to the birds chirp.  Lazily make some breakfast and actually speak to my husband.  Just be me.
But then I am laying with my beautiful 4 year old and she smiles and says, "I love my life."  My whole crazy-can't-take-one-more-minute day comes crashing down and I melt into love and giggles and wonder and gratefulness and oh so much love pouring out of me.  And I lean into her perfect little face and say, "I love my life too, sweet girl."  I love my life too.


No comments: