Friday, April 18, 2008

Confessions of a good mom

I just read a blog that gave me this idea.

Many people feel I am a great mom. I homeschool my children (can be taken either way depending on who the person is), I am loving and follow my children's cues, I like Organic food and products, I spend a lot of time with my children blah blah blah.

Here is how I really feel.

I feel like a good mom..some days. I feel like a bad mom..some days.

I am constantly worried if I am doing a good job. Am I doing enough with my children? Do they watch too much TV? (I think in the Winter they did and having a newborn helped that) Did we do enough learning activities today? Oh no Cohen didn't wear his glasses enough. Did I yell today? Most likely! Did I hug and kiss them enough? Most likely! Did I say no too much? Most likely? I am constantly thinking of ways to be a better mom. At the end of the day I evaluate how our day went and how I could have improved. There are tidbits of every day that I would like to change and tidbits I wouldn't change for the world. I sometimes wonder if other moms feel the same way. Today I realized..they do!

1 comment:

Rose Starr said...

You are totally not alone! I feel the same way :) My kids totally watch too much tv in the winter! So glad it's spring :)
~Rose