Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Ricky


This is the cupcake cake we made. Usually we have a tradition of going out and buying a decorated cake of their choice. I would like a new tradition. We are going to make the cake or cupcakes the morning of their birthday. Much more memorable that way.
I will try and give all of the ingredients because they were SO delicious!

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup applesauce (was supposed to be shortening)
1/2 cup honey ( was supposed to be sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 bananas
2 apples

I changed the recipe a bit to make them more healthy and they were delicious. On top I put strawberry cream cheese with fresh fruit. They were a hit.
We had a good time making them.

I can't believe my little girl is four!

3 comments:

christy said...

that cupcake cake looks delicious! i want to try it too.

Lanie said...

cupcakes were delicious! I ate mine for breakfast the next morning,,,Mmmmm...tasty.

Rose Starr said...

What a great idea :) Love all that fruit on top! Looks like a great party.
~Rose